• a diverse collection of pieces, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
• grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
• brand new sight-reading and improvisation activities
• newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
• a piano accompaniment booklet
Packaged with audio containing full performance demonstrations and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Cathy Elliott is a freelance double bass player. For twenty years she toured extensively and recorded with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields. Since the early 1990s she has had a flourishing teaching practice with beginner to advanced students from the ages of 6 to 18 for whom she continually writes, arranges and publishes repertoire. She is a consultant for various examination boards, and in 2009 the International Society of Bassists recognised her as a Young Bassists Ambassador.