Hickey's, for the "POM" warrants the instrument to be in good playing condition, subject to the following:
- If the instrument becomes damaged or deteriorates in performance, Hickey's at its sole discretion will repair and/or regulate the instrument to proper playing condition, or will replace the instrument with another without charge. Replacement instruments may be of a different manufacturer and/or model, but will be equivalent in grade and function to the one being replaced. This does not apply to deterioration of appearance which does not affect the performance of the instrument, such as scratches, minor dents and imperfections in the finish. Specifically excluded from this warranty are normal user wear items such as, but not limited to: rosin, mouthpieces, reeds, swabs, lubricants, drum sticks, lyres, lost parts, user-installed equipment and/or special or custom equipment.
- Any claim for repair hereunder shall not be construed to alter or diminish the terms of this Agreement. If you default in any payment of the accompanying Agreement, this POM Warranty will lapse as of such default and may be reinstated only by permission of Hickey's.
- This Warranty is not in effect outside of New York State, with the sole exception of school-sponsored travel that requires the use of the instrument.
- All repairs and/or adjustments for which claims are made under this Warranty must be made by Hickey's. No others will be honored. Under no circumstances may any other party or repair shop perform work on this instrument other than Hickey's, unless prior written consent is given by Hickey's authorizing such work.
- This Warranty does not cover loss of the instrument, theft of the instrument, or destruction of the instrument through fire, natural disaster, criminal activity or any other reason.
- IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances will this POM Warranty apply to an instrument which has been subject to intentional or malicious damage or destruction; has been lost, stolen, forgotten, misplaced or destroyed; has been subject to unauthorized repair attempts; and/or has been subject to shipment in inadequate packaging, by the Lessee or their agent. Hickey's shall be the sole judge in all cases.